Recently a student-teacher shared with me how his practicum teacher uses technology to support student feedback in assessments. Using clickers or phone-based polling software, he conducts a forum-like situation where students anonymously answer questions and when the results results are displayed on the class screen, students are given the opportunity to support their answers. I tested this tech-enabled assessment approach the other day with some teachers and they loved it. Here are some steps you can take to make this happen:
- Get Polleveryhwere for free.
- Create a poll.
- Sync the poll to your PowerPoint slides.
- In class, show the slide with the question.
- Students text their response.
- Students explain their choices
- Teacher/student provide feedback.